As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure.
Tips and Tricks for Starting your Keto journey
12 Simple Steps to ketosis:
In the beginning, I had done absolutely no research. My goal when writing these tips and tricks for starting keto is to streamline everything and make this as easy as possible for you.
Starting my keto journey I didn’t over complicate things, I instead focused on increasing my fat consumption and no longer eating foods with a glycemic response. I used the Carb Manager app to track my macros. My target was to stay under 20g of carbs, and my percentage goals were 70% fat, 20% protein, and 5-10% carbs. Personally, as a chronic dieter keto quickly felt like I got to cheat at every meal. I frequently find myself going “back to the basics” and I am always grateful when I do.
The most important part of the tips and tricks that I want to share with you is that:
Your journey will evolve, you will find your rhythm, and you will get to the point where eating this way is instinctual. I know you probably feel overwhelmed, and you’re absolutely justified. I’m just here to guide you through the scariest part, which is deciding to make the change.
Simple tips and tricks for starting keto:
- Stock up on electrolytes
- KEEP IT SIMPLE
- Eat foods that you already know you love
- Stay away from complicated recipes, at least until you’re comfortable
- Your prime focus should be on keeping your carbs lower than 20 grams
- Meal or Menu Plan to set yourself up for success
- Make a 3-month commitment to yourself and this way of eating
- Avoid all the marketed “keto” friendly foods, sadly most of these items are not keto.
- Stay away from as many processed foods as you can.
- Find a support system
- Take each day one day at a time!
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. I saved the best for last. This tip is by far the most important.