As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure.
Easy Keto-Friendly Crispy Air Fried Parmesan Chicken Breast
If you have missed fried chicken since transitioning to a ketogenic lifestyle, then this recipe is for you. Parmesan Crusted Chicken is crispy, salty, delicious, and–most importantly–easy!
How to achieve the perfect breading every time? I have a secret for you: Let’s call this hack the Double Dredge. To double dredge, you first place the chicken in the egg wash and coat both sides. Next, you coat each piece of chicken once in the Parmesan. The chicken goes back into the egg wash one more time, and then one final coating of Parmesan. This double dredge creates the perfect thickness of the breading every time. Another benefit of this breading technique is that it helps the cheese to properly stick to the chicken.
Parmesan chicken or Pork Rind Breading?
Both of these options are delicious, and they are also amazing combined. My preference for the Parmesan crust is strictly calorie-related. I have been working on keeping my macros a lot more strict. The cheese breading fits into my macros for the day much better than pork panko. So if you’re like me and working hard to lose some extra weight, I recommend this recipe over pork breading.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken is a versatile recipe.
I am thinking of Chicken Parmesan, Copycat Chicken Tenders, a Crispy Chicken Sandwich (keto of course), or even Chicken and Waffles.
My Secret Weapon is:
My GoWISE USA 12.7 QT Air Fryer Oven Ultra.
Can you believe that this air fryer has a 12.7 capacity?
Having an air fryer this large makes it easy to make dinner for the whole family at once. Or you can make enough Parmesan chicken to enjoy leftovers. If you like to meal prep, this size will make life so much easier for you too!
THIS POST IS IN PARTNERSHIP WITH GoWISE USA. ALL VIEWS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. KNOW THAT I ONLY POST ABOUT SITES AND PRODUCTS THAT I THINK WOULD BE IMMENSELY HELPFUL AND THAT I HAVE USED MYSELF. I’ve partnered with GoWISE USA on this post. Meaning I received their Ultra Air Fryer free in exchange for this post. All views are my own.
Brilliantlyketo.com is a professional site, and in order to continue to provide you quality content, we do work with companies in a sponsored or affiliate relationship. All reviews are our own honest opinion, and full transparency is always guaranteed.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
This delicious low carb/keto-friendly crispy chicken recipe is a family favorite!-- even better it is incredibly easy-- and versatile.
- 160 grams of powdered Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb of boneless chicken breast, chicken tenders, or chicken thigh
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. water
- In a flat container crack 2 eggs and add water. Whisk until well combined.
- In a separate container add the powdered Parmesan cheese. You can either add 40 grams of Parmesan cheese at a time or add it all at once. I prefer to bread each chicken breast individually, so I add cheese for each piece of chicken. This helps the cheese not to get too wet and clumpy from double-dipping the chicken, and it helps me to track the proper macros for each piece. You can also add any of your favorite seasonings to the powdered Parmesan to elevate this recipe slightly.
- Add all the chicken to the egg wash, and flip to coats all sides.
- Use a fork to pick up one piece of chicken at a time, and let excess egg wash drip off.
- Place the chicken on top of the Parmesan cheese and flip to coat both sides.
- Place the chicken back into the egg wash and make sure you re-coat the entire piece.
- Liberally coat the chicken with Parmesan cheese. Customize the coating to your desired result. Use less Parmesan for a light coating, or more for a nice thick crust like breading.
- Place the chicken on greased air fryer rack as pictured.
- For this recipe, I used the chicken preset on my GoWise Ultra Airfryer. This cooked the chicken at 430 degrees F in 12-18 minutes depending on thickness.
- Rotate and flip the chicken halfway through cooking to achieve a nice crispy crust on all sides.
If you're looking for a delicious hack I highly recommend marinating your chicken in pickle juice at least 12 hours before breading. We love dill pickles in our home, and this is a great way to use up all that extra juice after the pickles are gone. We personally do not eat sweetened bread and butter pickles because of the sugar content. However, you can find some bread and butter pickles sweetened with sucralose.
To achieve the ideal cooking time you must use thinly sliced chicken breasts or pound out the chicken yourself. If you use a thicker chicken breast reduce the cooking temperature to 350 degrees for half the cooking time, and then slowly increase the air fryer temp until the chicken is nice and crispy. This will take 20-30 minutes.
If you do not have an air fryer -- use a baking sheet with a rack and follow the same instructions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 488Total Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 59g