Of all the recipes that I created for Kevin’s Recipe Challenge — Korean BBQ veggie stir fry was my favorite. This is mostly because hearty vegetarian dishes are not my specialty. However, that is exactly what I present to you today.
Korean BBQ veggie stir fry is a vegetarian meal packed with flavor. Another aspect of this recipe is the clean simplicity of the ingredients.
From this recipe I want you to expect a sweet heat. Secondly, be prepared to be impressed with the versatility of kohlrabi. Thirdly you will notice how wonderfully hearts of palm noodles complete a stir fry dish like this. Moreover, the plan is to satisfy any size appetite.
To sum it all up be prepared to crave this keto-friendly dish regularly on meatless Monday.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure.This recipe was created for Kevin’s Natural Foods 2020 Recipe Challenge, however, all the opinions are my own.
Low Carb Korean BBQ Veggie Stir Fry
For this Korean BBQ veggie stir fry, I want to introduce you to a powerhouse sauce. What is a powerhouse sauce you ask? It is a mind-blowingly delicious combination of flavors. Basically, Kevin’s Natural foods impressed me with all of their sauces. But above all of them, I think I was the most impressed by their version of a bulgogi sauce.
Are you familiar with bulgogi?
I had never tried bulgogi until my husband introduced me to Korean food in San Diego. Korean sauces are sweet like most Asian cuisines. However, they typically are balanced with a little more spice. Kevin’s version of this classic sauce is soy-free and mildly spicy. As with their other sauces, it is keto certified — gluten-free — Non-GMO — but that is not all. Be sure to check out this powerhouse sauce ASAP.
A meatless Keto Stir Fry
My husband has a large appetite and often eats protein heavy meals. Therefore as a result I developed this recipe with him specifically in mind. That is to say that I know that not everyone expects a vegetarian meal to be hearty. But, in this situation, it becomes an added bonus to the recipe.
However, I do believe that is what makes this recipe unique. Especially because there is no pasta to give you the temporary feeling of being full.
Certainly, you must have had a vegetarian meal before that left you hungry. Especially if you are eating a ketogenic diet like our family.
But, don’t forget to add a fried egg to give you the extra boost of protein.
Kevin’s Natural Foods
First and foremost it was an honor for me to be accepted into the 2020 Kevin’s Natural Foods Recipe Contest. Above all, I was beyond impressed with the quality of their ingredients, and most important I was blown away by how delicious every sauce was.
For the contest, I developed four recipes with a clean ketogenic diet mindset. Most of the recipes will also be paleo-friendly, and one is even vegetarian.
In addition to their amazing product Kevin’s Natural Foods has a truly wonderful mission statement:
To empower even the busiest people to eat clean without sacrificing flavor.Kevin’s Natural Foods
In conclusion, I can say with confidence that I know you will find their sauces to be absolutely divine, easy to work with, and packed with outstanding flavor.
Follow the links below to view Kevin’s Natural Foods Social Media Platforms.
The Recipe Korean BBQ Veggie Stir Fry:
With as much as my family enjoyed this sweet and savory meal, I cannot wait for you to try it. So let’s jump right into the recipe:
Korean BBQ All Veggie Stir Fry
This all-vegetable -- keto-friendly -- noodle free Korean BBQ stir fry is hearty and filling. This family friendly recipe is packed with nutrients, and Kevin's Natural Foods Korean BBQ sauce makes cooking this meal for dinner so easy.
- 4-6 cups of Kohlrabi sliced thinly like match sticks
- Small Onion/ Half a Medium Onion
- 1 can of Palmini Hearts of Palm Lasagna noodles Noodles cut into quarters
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Broth
- Kevin's Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 Small Yellow Pepper Diced Finely
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil and 1 tbsp Sesame oil for the pan
- 1/4 cup carrots and jalapeño for garnish.
- 5 fried eggs (Optional)
- The key to keeping this meal fast is to prep all your veggies ahead. Start by peeling your Kohlrabi.
- Slice the Kohlrabi into matchsticks
- Slice the palmini noodles into quarters
- Cut the onions into slices, dice the yellow pepper finely, and cut the carrots and jalapeno for garnish
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium heat. Once the pan is heated add Olive and Sesame Oil.
- Add the Kohlrabi match sticks to the oil.
- Once the Kohlrabi starts to soften add the onion.
- Cook the onion and Kohlrabi until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds
- Add half of Kevin's Korean BBQ sauce packet, palmini noodles, yellow pepper, and chicken stock.
- Stir Fry until the sauce evenly coats all the vegetables.
- Fry 5 eggs, if you choose, cooked to your liking.
- Serve the stir fry in a plate or bowl and add the remaining sauce to each serving..
- Add egg and all other garnish.
This recipe is vegetarian, but any meat could be added and would be equally delicious.
Eggs and garnish are not calculated in the nutrition, as these are optional.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 21gNet Carbohydrates: 14gFiber: 7gProtein: 4g
Nutrition info is not always accurate and will range based on how this recipe is prepared.