As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure.
Low Carb Monkey Bread Recipe
This easy low carb and keto-friendly blueberry monkey bread recipe is sugar-free:
If you’re looking for a keto-friendly crowd-pleasing recipe to make on a weekend morning or trying to decide what to bring to Easter brunch then this blueberry monkey bread recipe is for you. The base of this recipe is the same as my fathead keto bagels. To achieve the pull-apart bread results I had to alter the baking instructions slightly. You will read more about this step below in the recipe instructions. I have also included a link to my fathead bagel recipe below. If you have never made fathead dough before, this is a great recipe to start with.
Fathead dough does have a bit of a learning curve, so trial and error is to be expected. I have enjoyed the texture more and more each time I make this recipe.
In my opinion, whenever you are making a fathead dough recipe you will always have the best results when serving the bread still warm out of the oven. Once the dough cools it becomes less bread-like and regains some cheese like textures. The texture is never quite the same once the dough has a chance to cool completely. This theory also applies to this blueberry monkey bread recipe. However, in my experience, this isn’t a recipe that we ever have leftovers.
My secret weapon to the perfect flavor in this blueberry monkey bread.
To achieve a true blueberry flavor, but also keep this recipe keto-friendly I used One on One’s flavor concentrates. These flavors are my secret weapon, and you will see I use them in the majority of my recipes. I love being able to flavor my keto foods and spare myself the carbs that it would otherwise take to develop that flavor profile. For a link to their site, you can follow my affiliate link below. For 25 percent off your order use my code Brilliantly-25.
Blueberry Monkey Bread
This low carb ketogenic friendly pull apart blueberry monkey bread is a fun twist on typical fathead dough. It is also perfect for any occasion.
- 2.5 cups grated mozzarella
- 2 oz of cream cheese
- 1,5 cups blanched almond flour
- 1.5 tbsp baking powder
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries
- 15 drops of One On One Blueberry Cheesecake Flavor Concentrates
- Add sweetener based on your taste. I used 10 drops of liquid monk fruit for this recipe.
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp ChocZero Maple Syrup (or sugar-free syrup of your choice)
- 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375
- Sift almond flour and baking powder into a Mixing bowl.
- Place Mozzarella and Cream Cheese into a Microwave safe bowl. Microwave Cheese Mixture for 1 minute. Now is the time to add your eggs to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined using a mixer or by hand. Add in 1/4 cup of blueberries and sweetener, and stir until combined.
- Stir cheese. Microwave for an additional minute or until well melted. Pay close attention here. You do not want the cheese burned, but it is also much harder to mix when not heated long enough.
- Take cheese directly from Microwave and add it to your flour mixture. Knead the dough until well combined.
- Chill the blueberry dough. This step makes the dough much easier to work with. The dough is very sticky and hard to handle unless it has the proper time to chill. If you’re on a time crunch place the dough in the freezer for 10 or 15 minutes.
- Once the dough is chilled roll into tablespoon-size balls. Fill your greased baking dish leaving some room between the dough. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of blueberries.
- Melt the butter, and then add the ChocZero maple syrup. Pour evenly over the uncooked bread. I drizzled the pull-apart bread with a little extra syrup.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until nice and golden brown. I pulled my pull-apart bread out of the oven at this point and turned the oven off. Once my oven started to cool I placed the bread back into the oven, This helped the bread to set, and easily pull apart.
- Let cool in the oven for 5 minutes or until you're ready to enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gProtein: 11g
brilliantlyketo.com offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from multiple online calculators. Although all attempts to provide accurate nutritional information have been made, these figures are only estimates as products and ingredients macros vary.