As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure.
The Best Crispy Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers-
A Naturally Keto-Friendly Side
My hubby gets all the credit for this crowd-pleasing recipe. This is exactly why I decided to name this recipe Ben’s Keto Jalapeno Poppers. These poppers are always a crowd favorite, and as I always say it is because they were made with love. Throw this recipe together to feed an army, or make a few to enjoy as a side dish with dinner. You can never go wrong with anything wrapped in crispy bacon.
Have you ever tried to make poppers and the bacon was chewy, and the poppers were perfectly cooked? Or, you cook the bacon perfectly and the jalapeno is completely overcooked? Then read on because we have a secret to prevent this:
I am sure you want to know what’s so special about Ben’s Keto Jalapeno Poppers?
Our secret to the perfect bacon-wrapped popper every time is Kirkland’s pre-cooked bacon. We find Costco’s already cooked bacon to be far superior to other brands, but any already cooked bacon will do for this recipe. Using pre-cooked bacon allows the poppers to finish baking at the perfect time. The bacon will be nice and crispy, while the jalapeno is perfectly cooked. No more soggy bacon-wrapped jalapenos, now that you know this simple appetizer hack. To make the bacon a little more pliable you can microwave it for 20 seconds before assembling the bacon-wrapped poppers. Secure the bacon around the jalapenos using a toothpick or skewer, and then bake as directed below.
The other secret weapon to this party tray favorite. The cream cheese combined with melted muenster, cheddar, or pepper jack makes these poppers even more unique — and EXTRA cheesy and delicious.
Have a little fun with this recipe too-
Add some chives or minced garlic to the cream cheese. Or you can even add some extra bacon. You can never go wrong with a little more bacon.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do, and I hope these simple hacks were helpful.
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 12 medium to large fresh jalapenos
- 24 small slices of muenster, cheddar, or pepper jack cheese. Or, use any of your favorite meltable cheeses.
- 24 strips of Kirkland pre-cooked bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cut the jalapenos in half. De-seed, de-vein and rinse well. This step is important and will help the peppers to be flavorful but not overly spicy.
- Stuff each pepper with cream cheese, leaving enough room for your slice of cheese.
- Add cheese and any other fillings.
- Wrap the pepper with the pre-cooked and place the bacon-wrapped popper on the skewer as pictured.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the jalapenos are cooked, but not too soft.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 37Total Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
brilliantlyketo.com offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from multiple online calculators. Although all attempts to provide accurate nutritional information have been made, these figures are only estimates as products and ingredients macros vary.